The Summer Soirée dress





I should have understitched that lining... ;)
So Summer is definitely (and finally) over around here. (I don't hide that I am a Fall lover. Maybe because I was born in October. :) ) The weather is still nice for short sleeves during the day - if it is  not raining that is - but the early mornings and after dusks are already a bit chilly. 
Shamely I have still a few outfits I made for summer that haven't been blogged yet, so I thought that maybe this was a good time to do it since in no time it won't make much sense... at least for all my upper hemisphere readers. ;)

I have tested this pattern a few months ago but unfortunately at the time I couldn't take proper outside photos... I was finally able to have this photoshoot a month ago, but life just got in the way and for one reason or another I didn't shared this project until now. Before I started to blog more often (earlier this year, after 7 years of blogging just for myself :) ) I didn't realized all that it takes to make a sewing blog post or a DIY post... Well, it takes a lot! :) And sometimes we just don't have the time to go to a certain place to have *the* phoshoot, or we don't have the time to edit the photos and write about it... Oh well, I have a couple of other summer projects to blog and (doing a happy dance) I have all the photos taken, so I will be blogging about them in the next 2 weeks.

Pattern: the Summer Soirée dress by Lil Luxe Collection
Fabric: I have used a medium-weight satin brocade fabric (the kind of that is used for kimonos). Both bodice and skirt are from the same fabric yard. It was a chinese print border fabric with three layers - one green band with chinese dragons, one pink with small red flowers and one red and small pink flowers. It had this colored stitching lines between layers that I carefully cut to match at the bottom of the bodice pieces.
Details: This dress features a beautifuly designed bodice, a bubble skirt, a V back, and in-seam pockets. It was recentely revamped into a new pattern - the Socialite Peplum Bubble dress - which I love even more! It can now be made either as a peplum top or a bubble dress, sleeveless or with short/long sleeves. Perfect for Fall weather.


You can see by her face that he was having all the fun... :)
We took this photos at the same time I was also photoshooting the Knight Hoodie (for Pattern Parcel #4). If you missed it - and want the to get the story behind this - go check it here







4 comments

  1. such a pretty dress!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wilma is begging me to make a dress like that....and with a sash Mommy.....oh well I guess she deserves one with all the modeling she does for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty damn gorgeous, that's what I say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and these photos are gorgeous - just like a real life fairy-tale :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!