The Knight Hoodie - for Perfect Pattern Parcel #4 Boys edition






The Perfect Pattern Parcel #4 is here and is all about the BOYS! And I feel so honoured to be part of this pattern parcel inspiration tour!

I have to say I am always excited with the PPP releases! I have been hoarding all the Perfect Pattern Parcels since #1. It is such a great opportunity to get a bunch of amazing patterns from the best indie designers and at the same time knowing you are contributing for a cause!

It was really difficult to choose one pattern for this tour since they are all fantastic! But I have been eyeing the Knight Hoodie from Charming Doodle since it was released. We live very close to a beautiful castle (yes, a real one! and it is only five minutes away, walking!) so my kids are always playing pretending they are strong and courageous knights and lovely princesses. Lucky for them I love to play along and make them some costumes. The Knight Hoodie is just perfect!
I have already sewn one of Elisa's patterns - the Kudzu cargo pants (not yet blogged) - so I knew what to expect from this pattern... perfection! 

Although this hoodie seems very complex because of all the different pieces I have found it to be not a difficult sew - even with the zipper! The instructions are really great! Super clear and easy to follow. It is not a quick sew though (lots of topstitching), but it is totally worth it. I love it!





The Knight Hoodie is a bonus pattern of the PPP#4. Here is a look into all the other patterns included in this parcel:
Pattern Parcel #4
Maxwell Top by Shwin Designs
Zippy Jacket by Blank Slate Patterns
Schoolboy Vest by Sew Much Ado
Small Fry Jeans by Titchy Threads
Jet Pack Bag by Betz White
Bonus pattern: Knight Hoodie by Charming Doodle.

I already had made the Small Fry Skinny jeans from Titchy Threads - one of the best patterns e.v.e.r! Seriously, Laura knows how to make a pattern like a professional... She is definitely on my top 3 best indie pattern designers. You can read more about my Skinny jeans here.


And I also had already made the School Boy vest from Sew Much Ado. I can never say enough good things about this pattern. It is super super easy and quick to sew!
I was one of the testers and I have to say it I think it was the only time I had nothing to say on the feedback form... I was so embarrassed and afraid that Abby would think I didn't cared about providing a good feedback... I mean, as a tester I always try to spot and point as many things as I can regarding every aspect of a pattern (pattern pieces, assembling, instructions, construction, etc.) but this pattern was just perfect in all its aspects...
You can read more about my School Boy vest here.

The Perfect Pattern Parcel #4 ends in two days! Hurry up! You really don't want to miss this amazing set of patterns plus contributing to such a great cause. Get it here!

About Pattern Parcel:
We believe in supporting independent pattern designers. It’s our opinion that indie patterns are just, well, better than big box patterns, and we’re pretty sure our customers think so too. So, we allow customers to show their support in naming their own price for each Parcel.  We also encourage customers to allocate part of their Parcel price to the charity Donorschoose.org in order to help classrooms in need. Pattern Parcel donates all profits after expenses from Parcel sales to the charity as well. Together we've raised $9,800 towards eliminating educational inequality.

Parcel #4 Inspiration Tour Schedule:
Friday, August 22 casa crafty || Lulu & Celeste || Keep Calm and Carrion
Saturday, August 23 Max California || Amanda Rose
Sunday, August 24 little betty sews
Monday, August 25 Kadiddlehopper || Radiant Home Studio
Tuesday, August 26 La Pantigana || Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy Crafts || Friends Stitched Together
Wednesday, August 27 Make It Perfect || Modern Handmade || GYCT Designs
Thursday, August 28 Needle and Ted || Mae & K || Mimi's Mom
Friday, August 29 Pienkel || Once Upon a Sewing Machine || Friends Stitched Together
Saturday, August 30 FABulous Home Sewn || Gray Skies || The Crazy Tailor
Sunday, August 31 Nine Stitches || Max California || Oliver's Fancy || Friends Stitched Together
Monday, September 1 a happy stitch || lady and the gents || Our Family Four || Swoodson Says
Tuesday, September 2 verypurpleperson || Things for Boys || The Crazy Tailor
Wednesday, September 3 Our Family Four || Rebekah Sews || a happy stitch
Thursday, September 4 Sew a Straight Line || la inglesita || Made by Sara || Knot Sew Normal
Friday, September 5 Knot Sew Normal || Gracious Threads || Sofilantjes || Max California


28 comments

  1. Amazing Sara!!
    I don't sew much for my boys, besides the usual shorts, PJs and the occasional coat, but these look so perfect!
    The Knight Hoodie looks straight out a Boden catalog (and I've been itching to sew the Small Fry Skinny jeans for quite a while. These look fab as well!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada!! Isso é um grande elogio. :) É bem mais difícil costurar para rapazes porque não há assim tantos moldes que entusiasmem tanto como há para meninas, não é?... Mas este é um "must"! Assim como as Small Fry - são fantásticas! O resultado final é super profissional.

      Delete
  2. So much cuteness in one place. I love how it all turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent stitching! Your topstitching looks perfect and the alignment of the pocket and neck seams across the zipper is also perfect! I had to do one side of my zipper again to get the alignment right...
    A castle within walking distance? How lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara! Truth is the topstitching is not that perfect in some bulky places... ;) And I have a trick for getting the alignment right (most of the times ;) ) - it's very simple, I'll share it sometime soon.

      Delete
  4. This is simply the best! Sewing and blogging perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mie! You are too kind... and your words were very timely today. ;)

      Delete
  5. Wow...that knight hoodie is impressive. It definitely looks like something I'd think beyond my skill (and attention span) but oh man, my little guy would love it, so.... ! Small fries are on my list! I just want to make a perfect pair of jeans, I think I would feel like a rockstar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, it's totally easier than it looks! You can definitely do it!

      Delete
    2. Monica just go for it!! I totally second Sara's words - it is much easier than it looks! Honestly. Just like the Small fries - I was scared at first but Laura's instructions are very good so they are really easy (but again, not a quick project) to make.

      Delete
  6. Loved it Sara!! The hoodie is definitely on my to do list and your is awesome! Just have to decide which boy on my family I'll give it to!! And those photos are top! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inês, I think this hoodie would look great on girls too. I know my daughters would love to have one!

      Delete
    2. Yes, there already some great girl versions of it! Check this one from Jennuine Life http://www.ajennuinelife.com/2014/02/knight-hoodie-shield-tutorial.html . And I know I have seen some pink one - super cute! ;)

      Delete
  7. awesome! love the photos- my kids are soooo jealous right now, how lucky you live next to a real castle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Tal como disse à Ines, acho que qualquer dia me vou ter que aventurar a fazer um casaco destes. Deve ficar tão giro em meninas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Há quem tenha feito para meninas! Vê o link que coloquei acima no teu outro comentário. ;)

      Delete
  9. Wowsa! What a great photo shoot. And I love the fabric you used for your Knight Hoodie. Plus, your Schoolboy vest looks great. And your son. What a handsome guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill! I am already working on... ahem... you know what. ;)

      Delete
  10. That hoodie looks so good Sara! I love the subtle detail on the fabric. Thanks for the lovely comment about my patterns too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great hoodie! I love the fabric you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ficou giríssimo! Muitos parabéns!

    Tens mesmo umas mãos de ouro!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that photo shoot is out of this world! seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Está tão giro, e parece ser super confortável. O meu filho ia adorar um casaco assim, e a minha princesa também. Tenho a certeza :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adoro este molde, desde que o vi pela primeira vez. Mas comprá-lo está fora dos meus planos e do meu orçamento... algum dia, quando tiver um tempinho (LOL) ainda tento um knock off... O teu ficou lindíssimo, sem exceção! E adorei o local escolhido para as fotos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!