The Sugar Plum Sweater











Hi! I had the chance to join the Ellie Inspired Holiday Tour, so here I am! You already know how much I love to find new patterns and pattern designers and although Ellie Inspired is in the pattern market since 2010 and has over 100 (!) patterns to choose from I haven't had the chance to sew up one of their patterns before. If you like classic and timeless pattern designs you have to check Ellie Inspired's patterns.

Pattern
The Sugar Plum Sweater dress pattern, pattern by Ellie Inspired.

Fabric
Two different double-knits.
I usually don't make things for my kids in these greyish-black darker colors but honestly it was the only knit I had with a holiday feel. :) (And it is very very hard to find good knit prints around... They are mostly color blocked...)

Details
This pattern comes in sizes 1-16! It is a super simple sweater or dress pattern with a few options: short or long sleeve and a crew neck or a turtle neck.
I have to say I almost never sew t-shirts or sweaters for my kids without adding some pizzazz. Either it is a ruffle collar, a kanguru pocket, elbow patches, or simply by using two different knit prints or playing with some color blocking... In this case I have add a kanguru pocket and bow straps as a closure at the back - they are both not in the pattern options. I love the result! I want a sweater just like this to myself...
This is a beginner friendly pattern so if you want to try a simple project with knits this is it.

Ellie Inspired Clothes is offering a discount of 25% off all your cart with the code PARTY valid through Friday (Nov 14th). I already have a few patterns in mind I want to try... (Like the Sweet Pea Coat - how lovely is that?)

See what the other participants of this tour are sewing up with Ellie Inspired patterns
Crazy, Crafty Haute Mama
Know Sew Normal
That's Sew Kary








And she is back to normal... That sassy girl... :) Thank you all for your kind words. All the bugs are gone now and this family of five is back to regular routine. Finally. :)

17 comments

  1. Adoro o tecido?! E de onde Sara? Esta um maximo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada! É da minha loja de eleição - a Feira dos Tecidos. :)

      Delete
  2. Ficou tão gira a combinação de tecidos. Adorei o bolso e o laço :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gira!!! Estive quase para comprar essa malha ou uma muito parecida na FDT... E agora estou arrependida de não a ter trazido ficou super como sempre! E ainda bem que a princesa já está bem! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Já te disse que ali não se pode pensar muito... É pegar e levar! :)

      Delete
  4. SUCH a cute cute sweater!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE!!! That combo is perfect. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sweater. I would totally wear that for me. And it looks great on her. I don't think it's too dark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely sweater! I wish I could get my daughter to wear something like that! I love the contrasting pockets and tie at the neck. It looks very special. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job as usual Sara. I love the tie in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful sweater. I really love your choice of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so awesome Sara! That knit is fantastic. And you have THE most beautiful daughter! That hair!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!