The Antalya Dress



I am so in love with this dress! It is the new - released yesterday! - Antalya dress pattern by Kid Approved for the Spring/Summer 2015 collection of Willow & Co



Olga, the face behind Kid Approved is one of my most dear sewing/blogging friends.  I really hope one day one of us have the chance to cross the big pond so I get to meet this wonderful human being. 
We "met" about one year ago when I had the chance her Mulberry Tunic pattern (also for Willow & Co.). She told me later on that she wasn't going to choose me for some reason but I am so thankful that she ended up doing it. The Mulberry is one my favorite PDF patterns ever and certainly one of my sewing staples.

This time I had the chance to test her new dress pattern and I am in love... (Yes, I realize I am repeating myself.) This pattern is amazing!







The instructions are easy to follow. There are clear graphic images to guide you step-by-step. 
It comes in sizes 12 months to 12 years - isn't it great? 
This dress has an original design and it offers two back closure options - button loops or exposed zipper - both of them super easy to make -, dolman sleeves and front and back curves that look like princess seams with some gathering on the sides - it's adorable! These side panels allows you to play with colors and prints. The piping is optional but you already know how much I love piping so I had to go for it. :) 





I have used a floral quilting cotton (surprising, right? :) ) and a solid cotton. I love this mint (? aqua?) color! I have used a coral solid cotton for the back. I am not sure I love it though... Both solids coordinate perfectly with the floral colors but I am not sure I love them in color blocking...

When I was going through my piping stash - in every color and print (floral, stripes, dots...) that is on the face of the Earth :) - I came across this golden piping and I knew it had to be it! The floral print has some leaves in a dark mustard yellow that looks just like golden leaves - can you spot them? I think it was the perfect match!

The button is a vintage one from my granny's stash. I am so thankful I got to keep so many great buttons from her...


You can get your Antalya pattern for an introductory (reduced) price here until April 26th.

If you would like to see more versions take a look at all these versions my fellow testers made. They are amazing!

You can get a preview of all the 5 patterns for this SS15 collection on this lovely lookbook

I was lucky to test one more pattern and I will be blogging about it soon!

Happy sewing!

13 comments

  1. Sara, wow, love your Antalya!! The gold piping is well done!!!!
    The fabrics you chose are so nice and lend themselves well to this dress!!
    I really like the back color panel too!
    Grandmas have great sewing notions don't they. You are lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gold piping is perfect! I like the color blocking. It gives the dress some edge. And the buttons are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours of your dress, so pretty and perfect for summer :-) The piping emphasises even more the fabric and the dress itself and the buttons are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the antalya dress! And I really love your version!

    ReplyDelete
  5. >Eu gosto do color blocking! Mas confesso que na foto que ela está de lado, onde se podem ver frente e trás, acho um bocadinho estranho. Mas no total do vestido, gosto imenso das cores e combinações que fizeste. E esses botões!!!! uau

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adoro o detalhe do piping dourado! Lindo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely:) I love this pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so delightful. A lovely combination of cute fabric and interesting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohmyy! I love everything about this dress! Gold pipping, floral print, color blocking! Its just soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Está tão bonito! Adoro esta versão e o piping dourado é perfeito! E gosto de ver o coral nas costas, acho que resulta super bem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adoro! É tão difícil encontrar vestidos diferentes, este está mesmo "out of the box" pelo molde mas continua a parecer clássico! (e óptimo para treinar princess seams! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adoro a combinação de cores dos tecidos e do vivo em dourado. O tom do "azul água" é lindo e o vestido também.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!