An Outfit for School






If you have seen my last post you were already expecting this - it is the Sewing for Kindergarten sequel! :) I made an outfit for my kindergarten girl but... she had plans of her own! Although she loved the other one this is what she chose for her first day of school.



Skirt
Pattern: the Betty skirt from the Shaffer Sisters.
Fabric: very light weight denim from my local fabric store.
Details: There are so many options to this pattern! You will get lot of skirt patterns in just one pattern. This pattern has been improved and re-released very recently. I had purchased the first version - a few months ago (on this day). In fact I was their first international customer - how fun is that? :)
I opted for the large pleated skirt - I love pleats! And they are actually very easy to sew. I had to add something to that plain denim so I ended up adding some striped piping that was sitting on my stash. 
She sure does know how to choose her clothes - pleats scream for school don't you think? At least here, where I live, school uniforms are all about pleats. :) Oh, and did you notice the twirling factor on this skirt? She thinks it's perfect!


Tank tee
Pattern: the Hip Hop tank from Love Notions.
Fabric: two color coordinated knits from my local fabric store.
Details: This top was made several months ago as a pattern testing and has been worn several times ever since! She loves it! The fit is spot on, the instructions are very clear and it is a quick sew! 
It also comes with several options: basic tank (this one), the tulip tank, a gathered skirt option, and a button placket (on the back) option - these last options can be made with a mix of knit and woven. It is a summer staple for sure! Oh, and you can make a "mommy and me" look, because this pattern is also available in women sizes.
I have to say I didn't felt very comfortable at first by mixing those two patterns - I tend to play safe when it comes to colors and prints... (with a few exceptions, like this Matinée dress) -, but I think it turned out great.

Cardigan
It is the Aster cardigan from LBG Studio for Willow and Co., and you can read all about it on my last post, here!

So, first day of Kindergarten is almost here... Let's see how this girl handles it after being one whole year with her mom at home... ;)

Go take a look at all the cool outfits that some amazing bloggers made for the Sewing for Kindergarten series, hosted by Mie from Sewing Like Mad
Today is the last day and I am really excited to see what two of my favorite ladies from the indie sewing community have made - Celina from Petit à Petit and Family (she made 5(!) fabulous outfits!!) and Laura from Craftstorming (who is showcasing 3 great new patterns to be released soon!) - A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!


2 comments

  1. Eu fiz a versão mais simples da Betty Skirt e para o tour penso fazer esta. A Gabriela ainda nem a estreou... Gostei de ver em ganga... ainda nem pensei as minhas opções... há outras series e tours em linha antes e pouco tempo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!