The Two Haute shorts





These are the Two Haute shorts and skorts! This is the third pattern from Lil Luxe Collection and you can find them here. They are the perfect girly girl pattern for active girls!

I have to say my girls are not much into shorts... But I think they are so practical, specially for Summer hot weather and for fun outside playing that I thought about making them skorts!

I love skorts! I think of them as shorts disguised as a skirt. :) I am sure my girls would love them! So, I started to search pdf patterns for skorts and I wasn't able to find any... I was about to start drafting my own (starting from a already existing shorts pattern) when I saw a tester call for... skorts! I was so excited! I couldn't believe it, what a perfect timming! And luckly I got to be one of the pattern testers!



I have used a very thin crisp denim (it is very lightweight) with a floral print that resembles crocheted or embroidered flowers.

The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. Jessica did a great job with the illustrations!
This pattern is available for sizes 2T-8.

It is actually a two-in-one pattern since you can make simple cuffed shorts or skorts with an edgy design!
Both options have pockets and the waistband is elasticized only at the back (I love flat front waistbands), and it is adjustable!

This skort is very comfortable and yet so stylish! My little girl loves it! I asked her "do you like your new shorts?" and she was "no mommy, these are not shorts! I have a pretty new skirt!" Mission accomplished! ;)

There is a 20% discount running for this pattern! Get it at the Lil Luxe Collection shop!



And if you are asking yourself about that blouse, it is from Zara Zippy (a Portuguese kids clothes brand. Thank you so much Rita for making me realize my mistake!) and I am working on drafting a pattern similar to this (not 100% though) so I can make it in several sizes. Isn't it cute?








7 comments

  1. Os calções são giríssimos e a minha pequenota ia adorar. Mas a blusa também é gira e era óptimo ter os moldes para fazer umas para as minhas filhotas (por acaso, também tenho uma ruiva e uma morena).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shorts are adorable! Good luck grading the pattern! I love this style of a blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, those are absolutely adorable, and I love the blouse, too. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute!! I've never seen a skirt (skort) with this design, I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful outfit! The skort is so unique. I can't wait to see your blouse pattern! Let me know if you need a size 6 or 7 pattern tester for it ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful outfit!! I have one girl that loves shorts and another that look at them with disgust in her eyes, ha....maybe I should try introducing skorts - never really thought about that ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!