April's Sew-Alongs, Series & Challenges

2014 is flying! I can't believe the first trimester is already gone!...

March has been a great month. I started a part-time (just 8-16 hours/ week) as a Science teacher at a science center and I still had lots of sewing time! In fact I sewed day and night to keep up with all the pattern testing deadlines I had this month. They are all secret projects for now because I am not allowed to show them until they are released...  I can only tell that there are some great new patterns coming up soon! I can't wait to show you! (OK... I'll post just a sneak-peak of the fabrics I used or some small details this week...)
So, this is why I haven't been much here lately and not showing much of my sewing projects...

Now, let's talk about April's sewing calendar!
April is going to be a month full of sewing events and, again, I am really sad that I don't have enough time to join every single one of them... But I'm sure I 'll join a few. Wanna sew-along? Check this awesome list of sew-alongs, sewing series and challenges - either for women clothes and kids clothes.

KIDS CLOTHES


Project Run  & Play - season 9
W2 - Spring Break, W3 - Design your own fabric, W4 - Signature Style


Kids Clothes Week (KCW) - theme: Mini Me"We challenge you to commit to sewing clothes for your kids one hour a day for seven days."
callingallkidsseries
Calling All Kids series (starting April 7th), by Alida Makes
"Is a series that explores children’s clothing as it relates to gender."


Flip This Pattern by FranceSuzanne
Pattern for this month: the Color Block Dress by Heidi & Finn


Secret Squirrel series by Sewpony and Straightgrain
You can see this month's acorns here.


Take One Dress by As-It-Seams


WOMEN CLOTHES

Skirt Fixation
Challenge Create: Adult Edition, by Skirt Fixation
W1 - Nature inspired, W2 - Refashion, W3 - (hint of) Vintage, W4 - Destash time!

selfish sewing week is back! || imagine gnats
Selfish Sewing Week by Imagine Gnats
Starting April 28th.


The Monthly Stitch - Sewing Double!
"During April it’s time to revisit that favourite pattern and finally make a second one!"



2014 está a voar! Nem posso acreditar que o primeiro trimestre já se foi...

Março foi um óptimo mês! Comecei um part-time (apenas 8 a 16 horas por semana), a ensinar ciência numa Fábrica de Ciência Viva, e costurei muito... Na verdade tive que me agarrar à máquina de costura dia e noite para poder cumprir com os prazos dos vários "pattern testing" (testes a moldes de roupa) que tive de fazer este mês. Para já são projectos secretos - não estou autorizada a revelá-los antes de serem lançados no mercado... Só posso dizer que há vários moldes espectaculares a serem lançados brevemente! (OK, um dia destes mostro só um bocadinho dos tecidos que usei ou de pequenos pormenores...)


E agora: Abril! 

Abril vai ser um mês cheio de sew-alongs, séries e desafios de costura. E, mais uma vez, gostaria de poder participar em todos mas vou apenas conseguir juntar-me a alguns... Querem costurar também? Aqui está a lista de eventos de costura para este mês - alguns relativos a roupa de criança e outros a roupa de mulher. (Ver acima!)

1 comment

  1. Seriously, so many sewing things happening this month! It's a bit overwhelming. I'm took a little break but I'm excited to start sewing again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!