Flip this pattern - November 2013


I sew mostly for my two girls. Let's be real: sewing for girls is so much fun! I love to sew skirts and dresses, and play with all the flower prints and lace, trims, and shirring and pleats, oh and piping...


Every time I start a new project my son always asks: Mommy is that for me? Followed by a sad look when the answer is no... (which is always...) So, when I saw November's project for the Flip This Pattern series, I immediatly thought "This is it. I am going to sew for him!". The Hangout hoodie seemed perfect!








I had several ideas for the flipping, such as adding fox ears to the hood or making a dinossaur hood but that seemed too obvious... On the other hand, I didn't want to flip it so much that the original pattern couldn't be recognised...


I flipped the Hangout hoodie pattern in the following:

1) I lined the hood with a fun print (road signs)
2) I added two buttons instead of one (I used the same fabric as the hood)
3) I added a waistband
4) I designed a double pocket - the original kangaroo pocket + top pocket





Fabrics used:
2 different navy blue knits
1 cars cotton print
1 road signs cotton print

Total cost: around 12,5€.

I am working on a tutorial for the double pocket that I will publish here soon, so stay tunned!





Check next months's projects in the Flip This Pattern series!

Check Peek-a-Boo awesome patterns here, and her blog Nap Time Crafters!





1 comment

  1. So glad you took the opportunity to sew for your little fellow!!! We may need pointers for boy sewing IF our sister's third child is a boy....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!